Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have to use Barlow with DLSR/scope set up...

sanmatt

Hi I'm finding I have to use my 2xBarlow on the adaptor in order the focus the DLSR with the scope - if I dont use it then I cannot get any focus whatsover. But by using the Barlow, I cant actually see anything other than the moon! I cant see any stars, so cant use the Bahtinov. I cant see any planets either with the live view finder or if I take pics.

So I think I need something else instead of using the Barlow.

Is it some sort of extender tune I need please? If so, can anyone find me one? Thanks

Are you using the 2x barlow that came with the scope (assuming it did)? If so, you can unscrew the lens-retaining ring and remove the lens to make it into an extension tube (probably the best use for it) which might work better. Remember which way around the lens goes in case you want to put it back.

James

Are you using the 2x barlow that came with the scope (assuming it did)? If so, you can unscrew the lens-retaining ring and remove the lens to make it into an extension tube (probably the best use for it) which might work better. Remember which way around the lens goes in case you want to put it back.

James

A lot of reflectors don't have sufficient inwards focuser travel to allow an SLR to reach to point of focus. One way of doing it is to use a barlow to move the focus further out, using an extension tube doesn't work in this case but is the normal solution for refractors which are designed to work with a diagonal (the extension tube replaces the length of the diagonal in r=the the light path). The Skywatcher 2" dual fit focusers have a t thread built into the two-part lens holder and this allows the camera to be closer to the point of focus.

Peter

Archived