NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EP + EP kits

on a lighter note !

I think you're all being very irresponsible suggesting an eyepeice that costs around £175 to a bloke that has just spent the last six months selling any thing that isn't bolted down on ebay to fund his Dob !:)

He'll be selling his kids toys next ... or his kids for that matter !

Naa seriously it does look a lovely EP, got me interested now.

As the 25mm that came with the scope is half decent, why not spend £45 on a BST 12 mm eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

that will be far better than the 10mm that came with the scope.

Then when you sell the dog / daughter / wife / you can ebay the lot and try the baader or add a decent barlow

My 2penneth,

Good luck and clear skies

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on a lighter note !

I think you're all being very irresponsible suggesting an eyepeice that costs around £175 to a bloke that has just spent the last six months selling any thing that isn't bolted down on ebay to fund his Dob !:)

He'll be selling his kids toys next ... or his kids for that matter !

Naa seriously it does look a lovely EP, got me interested now.

As the 25mm that came with the scope is half decent, why not spend £45 on a BST 12 mm eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

that will be far better than the 10mm that came with the scope.

Then when you sell the dog / daughter / wife / you can ebay the lot and try the baader or add a decent barlow

My 2penneth,

Good luck and clear skies

Lol loved this post :hello2: but yea price is everything to a new starter and even more to those of us on a tight budget.

I spent £270 on my scope which is quite a bit for me but I had some money come my way but even then after buying your scope you have to budget in a few eye pieces.

I too have my eye on the Baader Hyperion zoom. Although it's terrific value it's still 170 sheets, so my tactic is to buy a couple of decent budget EPs now to keep me going while I save up (or wait for Santa!). When at last I have funds I will flog the budget EPs and put the money towards the Baader.

If you can find one you should be able to pick up the Baader Mk2 zoom second hand in great condition for around £100 £110 - good bargain for such a flexible eyepiece. Only trouble is they're so good most people hang on to them lol :)

Archived