Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Skyprodigy 6 SCT

Does anyone think that this clever scope will revolutionise DOS AP?

TELESCOPES | SKYPRODIGY 6 SCT

Spec looks very good and the price isn't bad either for what it is.

No need for a guidescope by the looks of it.

Has anyone got one of the smaller Skyprodigies currently on the market and have tried it for AP?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Useless for AP. It's alt-az and has a long focal length which will need a serious equatorial mount. This is just an attempt to provide easy observing for beginners who don't know the sky. The mount looks inadquate to me for a scope of this size and focal length.

Olly

Does anyone think that this clever scope will revolutionise DOS AP?

TELESCOPES | SKYPRODIGY 6 SCT

Spec looks very good and the price isn't bad either for what it is.

No need for a guidescope by the looks of it.

Has anyone got one of the smaller Skyprodigies currently on the market and have tried it for AP?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

i think your question answers itself ...... :)

The mount looks VERY flimsy to me too. I have the Celestron NexStar 6SE (similar to this one) and that is difficult to stop the wobbles with.

Definitely do not go for an Alt-Az mount for AP .. I speak from experience! (mine was a prezzy so can't complain).

The mount looks VERY flimsy to me too. I have the Celestron NexStar 6SE (similar to this one) and that is difficult to stop the wobbles with.

Definitely do not go for an Alt-Az mount for AP .. I speak from experience! (mine was a prezzy so can't complain).

Odd. My 6SE is quite solid. :)

The SLT mount which the Skyprodigy mount is based on is much lighter than even the smaller 4/5SE mounts.

Archived