Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Serial to USB Converters

eddy

Ok so im looking @ buying a serial - usb converter, and just want to know, are they all the same?

I have brought a serial control for my 350D from astronomiser and want to get the serial usb converter, can i just get 1 from maplins? Will this work with Backyard EOS?

Many thanks

Sorry for posting this in another thread, just need an answer! :D Many thanks agian!

Not all usb-serial convertors are the same, cheap convertors from ebay don't always work. The maplin one USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adaptor : USB Adaptors : Maplin Electronics ? should be ok. If it doesn't work you can take it back and buy one from Astronomiser. Astronomiser - Automated Astronomy and AstroImaging Solutions

Peter

I've been successfully using KEYSPAN usb>serial adaptors for the past six-seven years never missed a beat, never let me down.

Strongly recommended, if it doesn't work for you I'll give you your money back!!

Archived