Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion Zoom

imarcs

In my quest for the ultimate portable rig I have to consider a Hyperion Zoom as part of it.

I have read that these aren't supposed to work too well in fast scopes <f5. However i also see them listed in some peoples signatures who have big Newtonians.

So can I have some opinions from 10" F5 Newt/Dob owners on their experiences with this EP?

Thanks in Advance.

I don't own one, but have borrowed and used both the mkII and mkIII in my 12" f4 newt. The mkIII is fantastic, sharp and with good contrast.

I was very impressed, so much so I'm on the lookout for a 2nd hand one!

In my quest for the ultimate portable rig I have to consider a Hyperion Zoom as part of it.

I have read that these aren't supposed to work too well in fast scopes <f5. However i also see them listed in some peoples signatures who have big Newtonians.

So can I have some opinions from 10" F5 Newt/Dob owners on their experiences with this EP?

Thanks in Advance.

Works for me (on both scopes).

I love the quality of the glass, the Baader modular system and convenience of the zoom.

If you search for further threads on SGL you'll find it is highly regarded.

I have to say that I'm starting to trend towards binoculars for portablity. Scopes (even dobs) are more like "transportable" than "portable".

YMMV.

Archived