Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

help on info on camera connecter please

Hi all i have a finepix s9500 camera and wanted to connect this to my telescope so i can take a photo of the moon,could you please tell me if this is possible? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, i just rang a telescope shop up and he says i can fit one but the camera be no good as the camera lens is big looking through a small lense, something like that,i stupidly went out and bought the camera today without asking around first,it wasnt that expensive but i thought i be able to least take a few photos through my telescope.i think i gonna have to sell it and buy another camera suitable.to be honest im new to astronomy and now realised i want to to astrophotgraphy but now know i bought the wrong telescope a 8inch dobsonian,its all bit complicated :-) apparently i need a motorized mount.i just thought i stick a camera on lens point it and something press click, job done but apparently its not as easy as that:-)

hi paul , all the different types of scope/camera/attatchments can be a little bewidering , the book "every photon counts" has saved many people on here lots of time and money ,

for deep sky pics you need a eq type mount, a motorised eq5 at least . to carry an 8" scope you will be looking at an neq6 around £850 ....these mounts track the objects you are imaging/viewing and compensate for the rotation of the earth .

alt/az mounts track objects but dont compensate for the earths rotation ..in any image of longer than a few seconds the object itself will start to "rotate"

dobs have same rotation problem

but both altaz and dobs can have really results with a webcam on the moon and planets :)

Hi all i have a finepix s9500 camera and wanted to connect this to my telescope so i can take a photo of the moon,could you please tell me if this is possible? any help is greatly appreciated.

It iis possible to photograph the moon using a compact type camera. You will need a bracket such as this one First Light Optics - Skywatcher Universal Camera Adapter or this one First Light Optics - Baader Microstage Clickstop digital camera adapter. The camera sits on the platform and the clamps holds the adaptor onto the eyepiece. You don't even need to use an equatorial mount, take a look at these two images I took yesterday

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/178560-afocal-moon-02-03-2012-a.html and http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/178562-afocal-moonshot-02-03-2012-part-2-a.html. The camera used was a Samsung WB700 shooting through a 40mm Plossl eyepiece attached to a Skywatcher ST80 mounted on an alt-az mount. The first image is stacked from a 30sec video and the second a single 14mp shot.

Peter

Paul,

Google CNC camera adapters, and see if they have one for your camera. I have one for my wife's Canon Powershot, and it seems to work pretty well at mating my Celestron 1.25" Plossls to the camera.

Good luck and clear (and dark) skies!

Peter, loved your Moon images, especially the pure black contrast. Very nice. I've done a lot of static/6MP imaging w/my wife's Canon (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150378822384578.376660.602529577&type=3&l=63a943585c) and am looking forward to trying the video/conversion/Registax route, possibly as early as this Monday (thinking of trying in on Mars, during the opposition).

Archived