Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcams...

kev

In a recent thread on Sharpcap, it was mentioned that there are much better webcams than the SPC900 which is USB1....

So folks, what is the now recommended USB2 wbecam - which is still cheap and planetary imaging happy?

Over to the experts.... I hope!

Kev

Hi Kev, well I'm no expert but people have been modifying the xbox live cam, myself included and I believe that's a 2.0. There is a thread in the DIY section on here that tells you how to do it. Plus they only cost £5 tops to buy. Also there is the MS Lifecam but they're a tad more expensive. Again there is a thread on them in the DIY section.

Radders

More expensive but more sensitive and a lot more pixels are the MS LifeCams. My latest imaging webcam is the Studio version but not had chance to test it yet. The MS LifeCam Cinema worked pretty well and I'm now using that with the finder scope as both finder and guider (the latter when I get it set up).

Have a look at these Kev, not cheap I admit, they are industrial quality cameras, and support Much higher frame rates, which allow you to gather far more data in the time.

First Light Optics - Imaging Source Cameras

I personally use the DMK 21AU618.AS Mono, so much to learn as I use it for LRGB, my results have not been good so far, but ill get there.... maybe LOL

Archived