Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Images

Hightower

My first ever images, taken on a SW130p and the Xbox Vision Webcam that has been modded (as per guides elsewhere on the forum).

If you could go to my Flickr account and critique I would much appreciate it: Flickr: slim_astro's Photostream

I'm quite happy with the moon but what went wrong with Jupiter? Was it just the seeing (it was a strange night last night)?

Any feedback (especially how to improve!) is greatly appreciated! ;)

I'm assuming that the Jupiter is a small crop from the middle of the frame ? There's several possibilities... apart from starting out really small, therefore not enough sensor coverage to get much detail, you have to push up the focal length to improve that, which makes focus (another possibility) much harder to get right. It also looks like it might be a bit dark which makes it harder in processing.

Good job on the moon though

If you want to embed pics from flickr, click on the pic, under share, there's an option for Grab the Link, or Grab the HTML/BB code, click the second one, select the size you want, and make sure you have the BB code button selected, then cut and paste the code directly into your post.

Well done! I think jupiter is hard to get because its highly dependant on the weather and the seeing, if its bad, you know about it.

Ive only ever imaged jupiter once, and found it quite tricky to get good results :)

Your moon images have some really nice contrast on! Good job! :)

Archived