Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 40mm 1.25" EP vs Revelation 42mm 2" EP

I'm after some advice about a possible new EP... I'm hoping to pick up, it's a 2" 42mm Revelation Superview eyepiece (65 degree AFOV). I currently have a 1.25" 40mm Celestron Omni Plossl (43 degree AFOV) which gives me some great views, but I am aware that 40mm in a 1.25" format is wasted as it can't really offer up that wide of a view.

Any thoughts on the Revelation EP? Should I get it in addition to the 1.25"? Or would the 2" just be a better EP, thus I should sell on the 1.25"?

Thanks ;)

The 1.25" 40mm eyepieces have a really small field of view. In real terms the same as a 1.25" 32mm eyepiece. The 40mm will always feel cramped though.

A 2" 40mm eyepiece is a different prospect and you'll enjoy using it.

I have the 2" 40mm TMB Paragon (68 deg FOV), and it found a lot of use before I got the 31mm T5 Nagler, which has almost the same field of view. I still use the 40mm for public outreach, as it is a lot easier to use than the 31T5. My 40mm replaced a 36mm Plossl (1.25" fitting), which I sold, and I never missed that

Archived