About dark and light

Hi just a quick question. What do people mean when they say 20 darks and 10 lights. I'm new to imaging so just wanted to know what that's all about and when people look at thing like m14 how do they get all that colour around the star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a black cap with no hole in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a lens cap to me. You mention sharpcap and registax, so you are planetary imaging, yes ?

You don't need darks or lights for that matter, they only relate to deep sky long exposures. An AZ mount and a 127 Mak being a bit slow are not ideally suited to DSO long exposure photography.

If you want to get into DSO photography this forum is a good start for advice etc.. and many people will recommend Steve Richard's book Making every phon count - helped me an enormous amount.

Or alternatively, do as I was advised from the guys on here. Buy Making every Photon count by Steve Richards. Will talk any newcomer to the hobby through without overloading you with techincal bumpf.

Archived