Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

file size

Last night i captured some webcam footage for the first time. When i got home i tried to stack it, but it kept hanging. It turned out each of my avis were 4gb plus, and i think this may be why.

I was capturing 4mins at 10fps for jupiter, at the highest resolution the xbox cam will do. How big is your footage normally and what should i change for next time?

Thanks

Sorry to hijack the thread. Hi Peter, i have a question. When I went to process my Jupiter videos taken last week AVIstack wouldn't load them. Do you know why?

Radders.

Avistack can be fussy about which codec was used. If the video plays in media player or loads into registax you could try running it through virtual dub and saving the file as an old format AVI.

Peter

Is 10FPS ok, and should I really be using the highest res or should I set that to 640?

What about length of footage for other things such as the moon, bright star etc? Is 90 seconds ok for them all?

I don't know what the Max fps is without compression is for the Xbox. 10fps should be OK. For the other planets and the moon you can shoot longer if you wish.

Peter

I don't know what the Max fps is without compression is for the Xbox. 10fps should be OK. For the other planets and the moon you can shoot longer if you wish.

Peter

But the longer I shoot the larger the video file is. I had 90 seconds of the moon and that file was 1.5gb - is this normal, or do I have something set up wrong?

Archived