NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coma Corrector or Not!

I've been using my 10" OO F/4.8 tonight (no coma corrector) and the views of Mars have been some of the best I've ever had. The 5mm XW performed superbly with it ;)

How do Pentax make a 70 degree FoV seem so immersive ;)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree John. Certainly at higher powers a CC becomes less essential I think although at f4 it seems useful always.

Mars was also good at home with my 6" f5 - giving it a real test at last! Managed good intermittently sharp views at 200x. I quickly realised I'd got the wrong scope out.

I've been using my 10" OO F/4.8 tonight (no coma corrector) and the views of Mars have been some of the best I've ever had. The 5mm XW performed superbly with it :)

How do Pentax make a 70 degree FoV seem so immersive ;)

I could without hearing things like that ;)

Glad to hear you are impressed with the 5mm XW John. I still haven't had a single break in the cloud to try out my 10mm. I can count on one hand how many times i've gotten out since Christmas actually. It can be a very frustrating hobby when the weather doesn't play ball ;)

Archived