Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's your regular viewing site?

wired2moon

Backgarden for me!

Not much option as my kit is permanent in the obsy.

Its not a great back garden though, views to East & West are both blocked by the house and trees...so I have to wait for stuff to come into view...Street light to the North as well!, which came on the sceen shortly after I built the obsy. :D:mad:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Backgarden for me!

Not much option as my kit is permanent in the obsy.

Its not a great back garden though, views to East & West are both blocked by the house and trees...so I have to wait for stuff to come into view...Street light to the North as well!, which came on the sceen shortly after I built the obsy. :D:mad:

I have a garden based obsy as well, but thankfully very little LP to contend with. Can see the Milky Way down to the horizon on a good night.

Back garden for me! East facing mostly unobstructed from north to south with west obstructed below 60* by the house. Unfortunately the LP is bad being west of London and with neighbours porches and the sodium searchlights from the nearby school... you'd think they'd be more energy conscious :(

It's OK for planetary, and I've been surprised by some of the brighter nebulae I've seen here, but can't wait to get out in the proper dark again :D

Up a hill on outskirts of city or in a clearing in camulty forrest. Both nice and dark, easily accessed and stoner free. Hill is mainly for north and west view and forrest is good alrounder but further away. The joys of staying in a flat!

Archived