NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8" or 10" dob?

Hey Baz, I have the 10" and also bought the Revelation kit at the same time, so far I have no problems at all with the eyepieces despite the scope not being collimated properly yet, due to the laser collimator I ordered not being in stock yet!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What could also be considered as another advantage with the 200P dob is that it is slightly slower at F/6 over the mounted version Explorer 200P at F/5. BST explorers are a good budget EP that would work well in an F/6, give you 60' AFOV and far better eye relief than the revelation EP's do.

Hi Bluey

I've just been emailing with Martin at FLO and he kindly sent me a link to a short movie that clearly shows the main steps of collimation -for me this has been an eye-opener as it describes the whole process without getting too techy, and as such has given me more confidence that I'd be able to do it. Not sure if it's any use to you, (it does show the use of a laser collimator btw) but here's the link: Collimating a Newtonian

Cheers

Baz

Hi Bluey

I've just been emailing with Martin at FLO and he kindly sent me a link to a short movie that clearly shows the main steps of collimation -for me this has been an eye-opener as it describes the whole process without getting too techy, and as such has given me more confidence that I'd be able to do it. Not sure if it's any use to you, (it does show the use of a laser collimator btw) but here's the link: Collimating a Newtonian

Cheers

Baz

That's about as good a description as I have seen. I wonder if method 1 works the same way with a Cheshire collimator?

You know, collimating is dead easy, it just seems daunting. Once the secondary is set up correctly the primary is straight forward. Mine did drift a bit after the first time. Now I just let the scope cool and do a star test. If its a bit out it takes seconds to trim it.

Archived