Whitelight test 19th

PeterW

Testing the suggestion of adding an IR block filter in with the continuum filter on my 80mm refractor with wedge. The clouds were giving me a few minutes at a time to image, so only managed to get a full disk (with reducer) and a 2x barlow shot (could swear I had the 3x in when I took it!). Anyhow, the granulation looks quite nice with this filter combination, need to get some steadier seeing and push towards 4x barlow.

Cheers

PEterW

post-13305-133877735399_thumb.jpg

post-13305-133877735405_thumb.jpg

nice my uncle brought me some thousand oaks solar film, still not had a chance to use it yet,was looking at the said cont filter can you do a image with out it on ?( no filters at all just the one on the end of the scope)

cheers

This is excellent :D

The Faculae at the limb is showing nicely and also the granulation on the photosphere.

I am waiting for the delivery of my UV/IR cut and Continuum filter to arrive than I will be re shooting the solar disc again.

Tod8137,

Not sure what you mean??

You definately need the Solar filter up front on the telescope.

You can then also use a green filter (or a Continuum filter) to enhance the contrast.

( peter uses a special Herschel wedge solar filter - can only be used on refractors)

Archived