Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Viv's shed !

Viv

Guys, the other half has grunted permission for an obs !!

This one really will take it's time (neither of us are any good diy - so i'm going to be hiring some help).

My only concern (other than taking over most of he garden, is that the ground is really low, or that the houses behind are too close, which means that my view would be really restricted, towards the east & south. The patio is a good 2 foot higher (where I normally view from), than the actual garden.

Initial thought is to aim, to have everything up & working by Christmas. May seem a while off, but I think this is feasable.

Off to read though lots of threads now .........

Also anyone in the Midlands, want a weekend job ?? :D

If you build the obsy with a suspended floor either on top of a dwarf wall or on some small block piers, you may well regain most of that two foot height difference. The down-side is that it's probably more work to do that way, but the up-side is the floor can be warmer than if it were, say, poured concrete.

Even if you do go for a solid concrete floor at ground level, you could always make the pier a bit higher and use a taller chair. Two feet taller might be a bit extreme, but as long as you can lift the scope off the mount under control (and you could always use a sling from the roof to help with that) then I'm sure you could make up a fair chunk of the height difference.

James

Thanks James - a great idea of raising the floor.

I'd like to try and keep the height, no more than the neighbour fence. May mean me having to remove the scope from the mount between sessions.

Archived