Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus fliter

mpeniak

Hi Martin,

From what I've read, the clouds on Venus are very hard to see.

It all boils down to time at the EP. Apparently after many hours of "Training" the eye, it is possible to see some cloud detail.

I think it's down to experience and not money - quite unuaual for this hobby.

I think there may be a few coloured filters that will help a little...

Ant

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for advice! I plan to use that filter for imaging so I hope it should reveal much more detail than through EP. It seems that I'll need to save for Beader Venus filter. :wink:

Martin :cool:

I have seen markings on Venus, using only the MV filter. I don't think any filter will help particularly. It's mostly a matter of holding your mouth right while you look. I confirmed the markings I had seen by someone else's observing report.

The markings on Venus are very difficult to see, not much less difficult to image and not worth the effort in the end, imho. You could image Venus and do a better job with the cloud features in PhotoShop. I have also seen details on Venus through a 9" folded refractor operating at 1054X, but the weren't much to see.

Yep. It's a tough ask Martin. Venus is a very mean lady. Even the cloak she wears is just like the Emperor's. No one can see it.

However, as in most endeavours, patience is usually rewarded. If you did manage to image any cloud detail, you could very well join the ranks of published members. You've had some great images of Jupiter of late, and at a time when the planet is poorly placed, so who knows? I wish you luck young man.

Ron. :wink:

Archived