Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barlow / T-Adapter Combo

I apologize if this is already been posted, but I've been searching for an hour trying to find an answer to my question.

I recently bought a Celestron 4SE and now I'm buying accessories. The "Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit" includes a 2x Barlow Lens. I want both a Barlow Lens AND a Celestron T Adapter. There is also a combination of the 2 which I could buy.

This is my question:

Since the eyepiece kit includes a Barlow lens, can I simply buy the T Adapter AND be able to use them together for astrophotography or do I need to have the combination Barlow/T-Adapter in order to use it for photography? Put plainly, is the Barlow lens included with the kit compatible with the separate T-Adapter (both are made by Celestron)?

Thanks in advance for answering the n00b question! :-)

Regards,

Ryan

I don't think that barlow has any threads for a t-adapter.

I'd recommend buying a short extension tube with t-threads on it, then you can attach a DSLR and you'll get slightly better mag than 2x.

If the camera supports a movie mode then use that rather than taking static images. If its a canon EOS then you can use the wonderful "eos movie rec" program to take webcam like shots off a portion of the sensor.

A cheap webcam with an adapter would plug right into that barlow though, which might be easier.

One other option is to buy the skywatcher deluxe 2x barlow as it already has t-threads on it and as an added bonus you can screw off the lens cell at the bottom and use it as an extension tube for your celestron barlow. I guess you could even use both barlows together for more power, with two 2x and the extension tube you'd be hitting about 5x.

Badgers

If it helps, I bought one of these:- ( sorry not that good with links )

ScopeTeknix ScopeTeknix DLX 2x Barlow lens with T-thread (3 element)

As Badgers suggested, this one has a detachable optics so it can be used as a straight camera nose piece or 2x. It also has threads both sides of the optics so you can screw filters straight to it.

Thanks for all the responses. After some reading, which I should've dome before posting, I've gotten it figured out.

This is what I was looking at: Celestron Telescope T-Adapter / Barlow Lens Universal 1-1/4 Inch - Telescope Accessories at Telescopes

Celestron Telescope T-Adapter / Barlow Lens Universal 1.25"

Thanks for the help guys!

Regards,

Ryan

Archived