NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Refractors Home

streaky1

Nice. The 120 will look nice in there. Are you going to line it with the polystyrene packing from the box it came in. A nice solid handle on the top to carry it in would not come amiss. Have you not seen The one Ken has to house the Vixen.

Hi michael many thanks,i got a lock clasp and handle to fix on but need to sand it all down and throw a coat of paint, unsrue about foam pads will use them see how it goes but might need to look at longterm and if it is strong open for ideas..

Mark hi i was at bq other day and seen a ok cheap bag but it was dead kill for my ota the bigger bag was not so good so thought go case, i did see some wine cases on ebay for £7 they look near to what i have made,i bet its easy grab and go mark.

Thanks yeah it does make it very grab and go.

Only problem is it is less protected than a hard case be it aluminium or wood.

The telescope bag includes the OTA, tripod and 2 inch diagonal.

That just leaves a pelican case for the mount & counterweights and my eyepiece case.

http://stargazerslounge.com/attachments/observing-reports/73975d1322218571-first-light-report-vixen-sp102m-f-10-img_0918-4.jpg

Perfect for those weekends away with the wife and my daughter.

I did look at wooden chests in Ikea a while back but nothing was exactly what I wanted.

This would be mainly to protect it in the house and keep it away from my 1 year old daughter who has taken a fancy to all my "toys" :icon_scratch:

Thats a nice scope mark,your scope must be over 30 inches at 102mm did you have to shop around to find a bag at that size, i was looking at a padded bag at work today i thought it would be good for a long refractor i was told it was a banner bag unsure if they are cheap to buy. the wine case on ebay are dovetail joints and are near 35 inch thats the best i found. i do agree its hard to find something,best make yourself one save a few £££

Hi ian iv been busy with the hammer again,i would have liked to spy the sky tonight it looked good out but had to get on with this box to get the ota out of my feet (huge box in kitchen) still on the spy for a 2" star diagonal at the right price. your site looks the biz you got some class images Nice!!

Thats a nice scope mark,your scope must be over 30 inches at 102mm did you have to shop around to find a bag at that size, i was looking at a padded bag at work today i thought it would be good for a long refractor i was told it was a banner bag unsure if they are cheap to buy. the wine case on ebay are dovetail joints and are near 35 inch thats the best i found. i do agree its hard to find something,best make yourself one save a few £££

Thanks again,

Yeah its closer to 40 inches with its non retractable dew shield.

I in the end ordered a Geoptic bag from Teleskop-Express in Germany.

Not cheap but very well made. works out to be about £60.

For you with your shorter tube you could probably get the smaller (and cheaper) one :icon_scratch:

Okularkoffer, Tragetaschen und Schutzhüllen - Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Michael can't say I did see the foam looks a good idea,I was thinking putting half circle cuts and using a camping mat cut to shape,or that sticking foam tape in the cut out half circle to hold the tube, iv had the sandpaper on the box tonight and give it a stain,ready for a coat of varnish unsure if I should paint inside,I can say ply is poor quality from my days working on the wood yard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived