Newbie here!! Help needed :)

I am considering buying either of skyliner 150 or 200. I have had binos and now considering upgrade. I dont mind spending more for 200 but is it worth it or should i just stick on to 150. Its sole purpose is visual. Also are dobs easy to use and point in the sky than eqs? my budget is around 350 pounds.

If you've got the budget for a 200 then go for it but the 150 is still a very good scope.

The beauty of dobs is their ease of use. I can carry the 150 on it's mount, no worries about polar allignment. Plonk it on the ground, pop in an eyepiece and you're away :icon_scratch:

My 300p flextube takes a little longer to set up because I have to carry it out in 2 pieces and usually have to tweak the collimation, but it still only takes 5 mins.

The 200 is wonderful, and almost the same size as the 150 (only the girth is larger). The scope is 3-4 kg heavier, but nothing a healthy adult can't handle. Easy to transport and set up in just two parts.

Highly recommended!

Dan

Archived