Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 13th February

swamp thing

Was good actually, just went to exhibition. Chatted to some guy about spectroscopy as didn't know anything about it, was interesting to see kit used and how done. had a look at the 150 esprit on ovl stand, great bit of kit but well out of price range so still a dream!! Found a small outfit guy who made custom parts to spec, got a new puck for sky tee for 24 with MUCH deeper jaw, it's a screw bolt design not whole jaw clamp type but look fwd to testing it out. Also got an Orion centring adapter - ace bit of kit it is just an eyepiece holder but rather than two or one bolt to hold ep it is a twist tension design- its only because chatted to guy on stand that realised its what been after- its 1-1/4 inch so only for the smaller ones. Also got Cheshire collimator as needed to redo 250 after the flock job. Had a look at TV stand but left before any dangerous impulse buys were considered! Generally was good just to view various bits of kit rather than as picture, really gives u appreciation of sizes! Looked at solar scopes too, was keen on getting HA solar filter for 120 as u can see much more than white light until price became apparent-2.7k!!! Really nice ppl I spoke to on that stand, but way out my budget. Was great to chat to sellers and pick up some brochures, was there for about 1.5hr.

I left with a £7.7k wish list- none of it can afford or will materialise (that is without new job, remortgaging or lottery win) but you can always dream!!

Archived