Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mi in Ha

Komet

Hello all ....

Well last night was the first time I have settled down on a target for quite a while. Despite the apparent clear sky there was quite a bit of moisture up there causing quite a bit of scintillation. As the temperature dropped central heating exhaust and smoke from chimney became a bit of a nuisance. This was registered quite clearly by the cloud sensor - useful if you are sitting indoors having a quite whisky warmer. Eventually I had to give it up as the cold got to my knee - it really does feel the cold atm.

Anyway ...

M1 in Ha

T: 190MN

C: QHY IMG2Pro @ -30c

F: SXFW - Astronomik Ha

M: NEQ6Pro + EQMod

G: SX OAG + SX Lodestar

Capture soft: Sequence Generator Pro (beta).

Guiding soft: Astroart 5

Processing soft: Pixinsight

18 x 600 secs

komet_m1_ha.jpg

Regarding Sequence Generator Pro .... this is an evolution of Sequence Generator which is a frontend for Nebulosity and Astroart. Now, Pro guise, it is a standalone capture program. Totally configurable, great camera control (ASCOM, SBIG and DSLRS at present). time v temp TEC control, plate solving via Elbrus and many useful bit associated with that - makes meridian flips a breeze!. It will link to PHD if you use that particular guiding software (I don't) Well worth a look. Still in beta but extremely solid. The developers are extremely open to suggestions also. Good support. Main Sequence Software

Great capture Mick, seems that you have negotiated the exhaust and moisture quite well. If the temperatures have hit anything like they have here in the Midlands then I shouldnt be surprised the cold got to your knee! Always disappointing when you feel you have to cut the session early but regardless a cracking shot of M1 thankyou for sharing.

Archived