NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC4565 edge view

marcoverstraaten

Perfect! This is the kind of image I love with a light touch on the processing and yet fine and genuine detail. Colour is superb and the background sky neutral and natural. (The background sky looks like the night.)

This is nothing like the inreasingly 'diagram-like' images that are coming from the larger telescopes these days.

Ten out of ten, Sir!

Olly

Mick,

most of the details are in the picture. I use an ATM 10" RC with GSO optics. Maxim DL is used to operate the SXV-AOL at 7hz. All of the subs are 10 min. exposures. The CCD is cooled to -35 celcius.

In Nebulosity I run a DDP filter and convert to tiff. I then batch apply a noise reduction in Photoshop's raw converter which only affects the hot pixels in the subs (I never use darks, flats or bias frames). I then stack in Nebulosity and all further processing is done in Photoshop. Finally a GXT filter.

Archived