Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I think its arrived.....

You will be buying flowers and chocalates on the way home, won't you :icon_salut:

for the next year I reckon!!

That's why I used to love C a r p fishing so much.

The wife never showed any interest in it and never knew what gear I had.

On the odd occasion she wandered down the workshop, if she noticed something new I always told her I'd had it for ages!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like that move mate -- my missus is the same. I used to buy loads of music gear as she very rarely came to my gigs, so on the occasion that she did go and notice something i used the same excuse"had it for ages", she only twigged something wasnt right when i upgraded from a trailer for the gear to a LWB sprinter van (used the excuse that the van was safer than a trailer -- which she bought LOL), then i had to rent a storage unit for the gear as it wouldnt all fit in the van -- that was when she went ape. Now she is used to large boxes just arriving -- i no longer try to hide it, as its not worth trying to remember all the little white lies, so i just admit it when it arrives and take the flack for a few days. Easier in the long run. I have also found that if i "hint" at a new piece of kit or toy for a while, she will eventually get annoyed at me going on all the time about it and just tells me to buy it LOL

Dave

I took the other half to the local shop, before buying.

Just think dear, I could wait a couple of months & get the really big one !! Noooo !! lol

He's ok with it all sitting at the back of the lounge.

Archived