Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New TeleVue Delos

NGC 1502

Not something to get next to my Nagler 17T4. It is odd that they are expanding a "Radian replacement" in this direction first, where the Ethos 17 and Nagler 17T4 are both wider, and the Nagler 17T4 has similar eye relief. It is according many also the best of the Type 4 Naglers, so sharpness is not an issue, really. I would have expected an 8 or 4mm, but not a 17(.3).

I believe thats the one Tele Vue will "launch" at Astrofest in London this month. There is usually some reason why Tele Vue go with a certain spec - perhaps David Nagler will explain at Astrofest ?.

Not really something I need next to a 17mm Ethos, but I guess TV surprised a lot of people with this focal length - everyone I heard commenting on future Delos ep's expected either an 8mm or something higher power than 6mm. Oh, well. I plan on getting the 6mm, eventually.

hmmmm. they look nice n'all, but are they really worth more coin than a similar focal length nagler?

If the Delos performs like the Ethos (which TV claim they are designed to do) then will be slight gain on a Nagler of a comparable focal length in terms of light transmission and contrast. The additional eye relief will be an appeal for some who consider some of the Nagler models a little tight in ER and some just don't want or like ultra-wide fields of view.

How many £'s these characteristics are worth is an individual choice I guess :icon_salut:

If I was in the market for the Delos range then I'd also be looking at the Pentax XW's which are the nearest to Ethos performance that I've tried but also with the eye relief and cost advantage.

Archived