Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar White Light - 06/2/2012

MjrTom

Hello,

Tried a bit more imaging, this time using the 102mm f/10 achro refractor with a neodymium UV/IR cut filter.

Image comprising of a single handpicked 18mp Canon 7D RAW then cropped and post processed.

Only my third time trying solar imaging so any hints or feedback is greatly appreciated.

post-21030-133877728728_thumb.jpg

Excellent I would say :D nice faculae showing and the active region is great. I think the only improvement would be if the sun would get it's act together and give us a little more subject matter photograph!

Regards

Alexandra

Thanks guys :D

I was not hoping for much but since your cooments on Flickr I thought it was worth at least an attempt.

With the active region being near the limb at least a little of the detail has shown through.

One thing I noted was that i seem to have better resolution from this scope over the smaller 80ED. Theoretically yes, but real world didn't expect it especially with less than favourable conditions.

Archived