Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting up my remote site , cables needed

I'm trying to get organised with my garden site,I'm going to pave an area for observing.

I want to control the lot from inside the house.

I'm planning to run underground cables 10 metres away from where I observe and control the lot inside

Now I want to have the right connections on the cable .I plan an RS232 cable a USB cable with two extenders buried to increase the usb cos they are limited to 5 metres restriction on length.

A RJ45 cable ,a Coaxial cable and a 12 volt supply Have I missed anything?

What I plan to do buy a Celestron CPC 9.25 inch and control the lot from the house

Have I missed something before I start digging?

Dave

Consider instead using a cheap laptop with a wireless LAN connection and then you only have to run power out to your 'scope. You can then use software like VNC or MSRD to control the laptop from the comfort of your armchair with all the connections going to the laptop to the 'scope. I can see no need to run RS323, USB etc when laptops are so cheap second hand from ebay and still fairly cheap brand new from the likes of Dell (£300 is about right for a brand new entry level laptop)

Archived