Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Night Observer - my free astronomical software

AstroJaWil

Out of curiosity I googled "delphi default font size" and got a load of stuff about ensuring forms are made scaled big enough to accomodate everything, not directly the problem in NO but may hold some hints on how to proceed.

But one link that caught my eye is

Creating Windows Vista Ready Applications with Delphi

might be some good steers for you in there.

including, at the bottom some (quote) "more links to articles and tutorials involving Windows Vista and user interfaces"

Good luck

hth.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Janusz,

I'm no expert, but there seems to be two, possibly three main protocols that are used for telescope, camera, focuser control. All of these are covered on the Ascom standards web site ASCOM - Standards for Astronomy

The site also contains pages for software developers such as yourself, including a basic "hello world" in jscript, by way of an example, although it's not limited to this language

Edit:

Just found the list of supported languages:

Thanks for that Malcolm :icon_salut: I shall want to write ASCOM drivers and interfaces for my hardware add-ons such as focuser and filter wheel. Nice to see my current favourite development language is included :)

Out of curiosity I googled "delphi default font size" and got a load of stuff about ensuring forms are made scaled big enough to accomodate everything, not directly the problem in NO but may hold some hints on how to proceed.

But one link that caught my eye is

Creating Windows Vista Ready Applications with Delphi

might be some good steers for you in there.

including, at the bottom some (quote) "more links to articles and tutorials involving Windows Vista and user interfaces"

Good luck

hth.

Thank you for this interesting link. I will study it.

Delphi is starting to loose vs .NET platform in terms of easy multiplatform features, latest or best libraries and interfaces. Newer Windows versions will take place of Win XP and so on. ASCOM also advises .NET Toolkit over COM. Maybe it's time for a new programming language? :icon_salut:

Delphi is starting to loose vs .NET platform in terms of easy multiplatform features, latest or best libraries and interfaces. Newer Windows versions will take place of Win XP and so on. ASCOM also advises .NET Toolkit over COM. Maybe it's time for a new programming language? :icon_salut:

This tip may be good, but not for me. My free time outside of paid work, family is very limited. For my purposes I need Delphi. New programming languages ​​can I learned later, as I had the time.

Currently, improved refresh the map with a resize. I think now is a lot better. I gave the new program number 2.03 BETA and invite volunteers to update this new version. I added to my web site description in English. Welcome.

Nocny Obserwator - darmowy program astronomiczny.

I have tried all your incremental upgrades leading to 2.05

regret to say that they still have the same faults on my Windows Vista Laptop. (see below for XP compatability) :-

1)Settings box still does not auto-resize to give full field and there is no manual drag-resize.

This renders the prog unusable.

2)The standard Windows minimise icon still malfunctions, it gives, instead, the help box-- see attach below.

3) The usual Windows double click in the top bar does not cascade/maximise

4) The multiple (nice) hinted/option icons that were in a field in the bottom of the screen have vanished and I cannot see a button to bring them back !

I have tried both XP(sp2) compatability and errr, what was the other ,,, errr 98 or ME or something ,, both gave a floating point error popup :icon_salut:

I give up !

post-28687-133877729866_thumb.jpg

I have tried all your incremental upgrades leading to 2.05

regret to say that they still have the same faults on my Windows Vista Laptop. (see below for XP compatability) :-

1)Settings box still does not auto-resize to give full field and there is no manual drag-resize.

This renders the prog unusable.

2)The standard Windows minimise icon still malfunctions, it gives, instead, the help box-- see attach below.

3) The usual Windows double click in the top bar does not cascade/maximise

4) The multiple (nice) hinted/option icons that were in a field in the bottom of the screen have vanished and I cannot see a button to bring them back !

I have tried both XP(sp2) compatability and errr, what was the other ,,, errr 98 or ME or something ,, both gave a floating point error popup :)

I give up !

Thank you very much for comments. I will try to eliminate this bugs soon.

In recent days, I corrected many errors in the program. I made a few changes and added several new features. Now the program is slightly different. Have a look at the new screenshots: Nocny Obserwator - darmowy program astronomiczny..

I invite everyone to try this new version 2.08 BETA Night Observer. (Still does not control the telescope)

Janusz

post-33322-133877732576_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

It is now 2.09 version of my free software. I add three "skins" to this software. You can select buttons as You like. Some of errors were corrected. I invite You to look at the screenshots of "Night Observer": Nocny Obserwator - darmowy program astronomiczny - free astronomical sotfware.

One type of the buttons:no_screen_3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived