Solar Ha 010212

Photosbykev

Only one image which is really annoying because it was a nice clear day even if the sun is surprising quiet. This is AR11410 with AR11413 above it

Newton rings have made a reappearance using the DMK41 and 2.5x Powermate which consumed most of my time today, very frustrating lol. On the plus side my prototype motorised focuser works very well and I've now ordered the pulleys and belt drive to finish it. I've got an EQ6 Syntrek mount waiting to be unwrapped at home so I've got all the bits for the summer (until the next toy comes along :D )

Image taken on a PST Stage 2 modded Lyra Optic 4" f/11 refractor (LOHA) with a DMK41 CCD camera without a Powermate

loha_20120201123852_p1_x1_123852_dbe.jpg

loha_20120201123852_p1_x1_123852_dbe_col.jpg

kev,

Lookin' good!

We've had -8 degrees and milky skies..for the ten minutes Sol cleared the trees.

BTW I've just removed the "mini-ERF" from a BF15 mounted on my 88PST and find it definately helps suppress the ghosting...well worth trying. The BORG 1.25" non-rotating focuser is a joy to use - should have done it before!

kev,

Lookin' good!

We've had -8 degrees and milky skies..for the ten minutes Sol cleared the trees.

BTW I've just removed the "mini-ERF" from a BF15 mounted on my 88PST and find it definately helps suppress the ghosting...well worth trying. The BORG 1.25" non-rotating focuser is a joy to use - should have done it before!

Ok you got me hooked, where do I find the mini ERF on the BF15 and how do I dump it? More light is always good for exposures :)

The Borg focusers are very smooth and give a nice fine focus control, I do like the larger one fitted to my system.

Look into the "front" of the BF diagonal..the "mirror" filter you see is the "mini ERF". I found a 6" steel rule was good to undo the retaining ring - the filter just drops out - careful!!

I'm sure you will notice the difference.

Look into the "front" of the BF diagonal..the "mirror" filter you see is the "mini ERF". I found a 6" steel rule was good to undo the retaining ring - the filter just drops out - careful!!

I'm sure you will notice the difference.

"Front" = Scope side ? or Eyepiece side?

Archived