NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Powering my mount

TofuBoy

well maybe not this exact one but seeing as these liPo batteries are small a light compared to power tanks and leisure batteries, I'm just wondering why not many people seem to use them instead. It's not like they are overly expensive either.

these batteries are designed to give a high ouput of power over a short period , im sure it will work ,for a while , but telescopes dew heaters , ect prefer a deep cycle battery that will last for days , like a winch battery from a landrover or a lesuire battery from a caravan , the other problem with such a small battery might also be the cold ,as its so small it will cool down rapidly , ... i dont fancy being outside in the middle of winter -10 , all set up and aligned , ready for a good nights observing and ........ dead battery !! :D

If your're using the mount outside near your property then run it off the mains with a suitable adapter and an RCD..

If in a remote location use a car battery.. (I use a diesel one) Or leisure battery which gives me sufficient power to run dew heaters lappy and mount with no problem..

Greg

Those are 2AH, it will only last a few hours. I would go for at least 17AH and if your running other stuff of it then I would get a large leisure battery.

if this comment was about the liPo I linked on my first post, it is actually 20Ah not 2Ah.

Archived