NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gawd bless you sir!

Captain Caveman

I live in a small village in mid-wales with potentially quite dark skies. My garden is a good size but overlooked by a house which has a security light looking over his oil tank - (after he saw footprints in the snow leading up to it last year!)

This light has been flicking on and off continuously for the last 2 months of my new hobby and really ruining my binocular viewing, so 2 nights ago I decided to pop and have a chat

I explained that I'd been stargazing with my boy and the light is on all night and must be expensive. He explained the sensor was bust and he would try and fix it soon. I come home tonight and it's off!

Marvellous, now what to take him for a thank you present? They are quite an elderly couple, bottle of plonk perhaps?

Just goes to show that talking to people is still the best way of communicating.

I had a very similar result last week. The neighbouring flats outside security light on constantly from 6 until midnight:mad: I had a chat and explained the situation and a few days later it was all fixed:) Darkness restored.

I think we are put off troubling other people, but quite often I think they are more than happy to help and in many cases, do not notice their lights anymore.

Archived