Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3, 2, 1 Blast Off - STS 117

I was very excited about my first chance to see a shuttle launch. It just happened that I was able to see this one this past evening... This photo doesn't do it justice.... It's an awesome sight... and sound.

Doug

Hi,

I was approx. 6 miles away on the causeway and was surprised to have a straight away view. Trev it was hard not to have tears in your eyes...you should have heard the cheers when the shuttle cleared the time-period in flight remembered from Challenger... It was an unforgetable...and most likely once-in-a-lifetime experience for me....

The sound didn't arrive for approx. 30 sec. after liftoff...then it came in waves.....each wave equal to several "grand fanalies" of any fireworks display you can recall.... the air and ground shook a little. You could even sense the vibs in your body....I was very impressed with it all....

Doug

Archived