Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atlantis tonight

Kain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Akyra, just watched it, really, really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing and taking the time to upload this...

To save people going to Stargazrs or YouTube, here is the video from Starazr:

http://stargazrs.com/ext/video_player.swf?config={videoFile: 'http://stargazrs.com/Akyra/video/16.flv', splashImageFile: 'http://stargazrs.com/images/video_player.jpg', autoBuffering: false, initialScale: 'scale', autoPlay: false, }

Well done Akyra. Very nice touch, that always fills me with awe. If you like that you should get yourself to an IMAX screen if you've not been yet and watch the space station film (3D!!). There are scenes of the launches in that where it really puts the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and puts tears in your eyes. JUST AWESOME!! as for the noise ooooooh!!! it's a definite must !! :) :)

Nice capture Akyra....I did stay up to watch it.

It was incredible, I haven't watched one for a while. The sad thing was that so few people were actually on the ground watching it. I counted about thirty in the NASA footage.....hardly any interest.

Being a news hound I also had Sky news and CNN windowed on my LCD....neither covered the launch live. It is incredible that a shuttle launch attracts so little attention.

Being a news hound I also had Sky news and CNN windowed on my LCD....neither covered the launch live. It is incredible that a shuttle launch attracts so little attention.

Only if there was an accident God forbid, then they would be thicker than flies on a dung heap. It always strikes me as odd, that bad news appears to be more newsworthy than good news. It's a great shame that these efforts to make a permanent multifunctional laboratory [removed word] scientific complex in space, cannot hold the publics attention for any length of time. They would mostly give the same answer if asked why. "Waste of money". Lets just hope the job gets finished before complete lethargy sets in.

Ron.

It is shocking just how much bad news is in the papers and on the TV/internet news. Good news just doesnt seem worth publishing to many reports. We are becoming a nation who love negative outcome, luckily there are the few of us who seem to be repressing this state of mind.

The launch was amazing, I will try to record touchdown aswell. Would love to be there oneday, the experience is dampened through not being there.

Archived