Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atlantis tonight

Kain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's even better is over the weekend you can watch them BOTH pass over in the sky (while still separated as it takes 2 days to catch up with the ISS and dock with it). I'm guessing any of the visible passes of the ISS on Sunday (as shown on heavens-above.com) will have the ISS in one part of the sky and Shuttle closely trailing behind at the same time! I've only ever seen this once before and it's amazing

Matt

They are in a 'hold' at the moment. The count down timer will stay at t-minus 20 for now until the hold is released in like 3 minutes then there will be further brief holds. Launch tonight HAS to be between 12:38 - 12:41am. I hate those holds, they confuse everyone. :) Watching NASA TV while typing.... Atlantis looking gorgeous out there.

I saw the 9:30 ISS pass earlier... quite fitting.

Matt

Hi Akyra

Like the new logo design, top stuff, the old one with the horsehead neb was also very cool.

Didn't realise you were one of those "hoodie" types tho :) :) :o:D

Wearing a baseball cap all the time will make you bald!

Cheers

J

Thanks jonifive, I like to keep things fresh. Its a nice 'Lonsdale' hoodie (ooh er ack at me!) and keeps me toastie :) I actually dont wear the cap anymore, this is the only tidy picture I have where I didnt look a scruff.

Looks to Kain for chav comment retractment :shock:

Oh I see, well its resumed again now :)

I've just picked up a piece of software that will record the live feed (plucked from the source) so for those who miss out I will be uploading the captured video to Stargazrs (when it comes back online) and YouTube

The quality of a test 30 second recording is excellent @ just 900kb!

Out of interest which program did you get for copying the live feed, and what do you do your classy logos with?

If I told you I would have to kill you.....

:) It's called GetASFStream, and I use Ulead PhotoImpact for all my processing and also my sig' images.

They were just saying the secondary landing sites in France and Spain were not ready yet, must be the lousy weather there. Quite clear here, a bit misty but I don't think atlantis would be able to land on my drive! :)

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!! I recorded from 45 seconds til the shuttle broke off (10:10) which is just enough to put it on YouTube (due to 10 minute limit) and Stargazrs

That was awesome!

Archived