NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

thinking of getting a Ritchey Chretien

Daniel-K

im thinking of getting an 6iinch RC astrograph or the 8 inch Altair Astro GSO 6" F9 Ritchey Chretien Astrograph (Fully Loaded) :: Astrograph telescopes :: Telescopes :: Altair Astro

i really like them and have read that they are good for imaging which is what im after just woundering if any one has one or could recomend something simlar? im just worried about the f ratio of 9 and if i use a reducer would it affect the foucs on the dslr??:)

I tested the 6" TS version of this R/C and I loved it. Star shapes were excellent and the 'scope itself was a joy to use. I was VERY tempted to buy one for my own use but in the end decided that I would persevere with my old 10" F4.7 Newtonian and refurbished that instead. It was the F9 that made me re-access my requirements as I had narrowband imaging in mind where light capture is a serious consideration.

The long focal length makes it great for Lunar and planetary imaging but smaller objects like galaxies would respond very well too provided you can capture lots of data.

This was the second R/C that I have worked with and I have to say that I like 'em!

Archived