Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope for AP

127, 90ED, 200P, triplets, etc... What is "ED" ? Have no idea why one scope is better from any other or what properties characterize them. To complicate things more just one of the letters on the name/model can change everything on the model.

Would somebody please explain a few of the most common telescopes for AP and advantages? I Sthere a book with a beginne r in AP in mind?

I am a beginner who wants to do AP of galaxies and clusters. (I think iI am right on that.

Today I could identify Castor and Pollux with my bare eyes just by starting at the Orion Constellation and I was so thrilled! I cannot imagine seeing anything on a scope.

Yep - great book by Steve Richards. THE reference book for AP - for beginners and on to the more experienced. Thoroughly recommended. Get it from FLO or direct from Steve. Steve posts regularly on here as Steppenwolf.

Archived