Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just seen my first Nebula

Beautiful clear night tonight - haven't been out too late with the scope so far but tonight at around 10pm Orion was just in the South in front of my house and far enough away from the damn street lights to be easily spotted - wow - my second wow moment this week after Jupiter in fact - just really jealous of all those people doing AP now.

Just never expected to see anything like that - am so pleased.

Got a new eyepiece coming later this week 8mm Hyperion so alls good and am so pleased I got this scope- not sure what to look for next but a dark sky safari to the Brecon Beacons seems likely later this month.

All good so far and looking forward to the next wow moment - Saturn later in the winter perhaps?:):D

Beautiful clear night tonight - haven't been out too late with the scope so far but tonight at around 10pm Orion was just in the South in front of my house and far enough away from the damn street lights to be easily spotted - wow - my second wow moment this week after Jupiter in fact - just really jealous of all those people doing AP now.

Just never expected to see anything like that - am so pleased.

Got a new eyepiece coming later this week 8mm Hyperion so alls good and am so pleased I got this scope- not sure what to look for next but a dark sky safari to the Brecon Beacons seems likely later this month.

All good so far and looking forward to the next wow moment - Saturn later in the winter perhaps?:):D

Have you looked for the 7 sisters (the Pleides) star cluster in Taurus? Dead easy to find and easily visible with the naked eye- better if you like slightly to the side of it.

Jealous of people doing A/P ???

while you're looking at the skies... they're looking at their 'scopes slowly moving thinking grass grows quicker...nothing like the 'Wow' seeing it with your own eyes

I still marvel at M42 every time I can, even after about 7 years :), I showed a friend who was round on Saturday and they were also blown away.

Last night I used the Goto on the new scope to tour the open clusters visible in the South/East but kept going back to M42 every ten minutes or so, can't get enough of it through the bigger aperture.

Archived