NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

phillips SPC900 attached to the Baader Hyperion

up2nogood

Yes, it can. But, you need two adapters:

1. If you remove the rubber eye shield, you'll see a thread. The first adapter screws into there and presents a T-Thread
  2. A T-thread to 1.25 EP adapter that you can push the webcam into.

They are both made by Baader. I have both, but I can't find the part numbers.

It works for eyepiece projection through a Hyperion and I used it several times last year on Saturn with reasonable success. Hyperions suffer a little from chromatic aberation (false colours around bright features) and this was noticeable on the images. Registax's RGB align feature corrected this to some degree.

Good luck,

Tom.

Hiya,

Thanks for that info :D

Right now i have to work out what parts to get :D

Any chance you could show me some link plz mate :)

As i get what your saying, but not sure what the right part are :)

Thanks alot :eek:

P.s got a pic you could show me with your setup this way plz :)

The Hyperion zoom comes with the T thread adapter and the webcam adapter can be obtained from Morgan for a tenner and various other sources. I have used the supplied T adapter together with the camera adapter ring to attach a DSLR (Canon) camera and taken some photos with that. I shall probably be trying webcams later.

P.S. I'll see if I can take a couple of pics this aftermoon.

The Hyperion zoom comes with the T thread adapter and the webcam adapter can be obtained from Morgan for a tenner and various other sources. I have used the supplied T adapter together with the camera adapter ring to attach a DSLR (Canon) camera and taken some photos with that. I shall probably be trying webcams later.

P.S. I'll see if I can take a couple of pics this aftermoon.

Thanks gina/.. i take it the T threads the part on the top of the ep's

I have the phillips cam kit from here Telescope House Webcam Astro-imaging Kit including Philips SPC

P.s. i only have the thread thats on the zoom ep. can't see any T thread adapter that's come with the ep.

Cheers :)

Oh thanks for that mate!

So i need all them parts ?:)

So shall i get a Hyperion M43/T-2 Ring, or T-2 extension tube length 7.5mm? then a T-2 extension tube 40 mm(do i need this)

and a Baader Click-Lock 1¼” eyepiece clamp from the link that kev has kindly put up :D

Or am i wrong.. sorry to sound bit of a rodney here :D

Thanks alot.

P.s theres some parts here.. could someone pick the ones i need plz :) as in that link above, some parts say recomended, so im not sure if i need all them parts or just some.

http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Baader_T-2_Extension_Tube_7.5mm.html

# 295 8085 is included in the box with the zoom eyepiece. Or at least, it was in mine which I bought from FLO.

Yea that be great if you can show me a pic gina :) just so i know what parts i need and dont need.

Cheers.

P.s i did not get that T-2 Adapter# 295 8085 with mine :D strange.. so i need one of them and something else.. the thread on the zoom is a M54 not M43 :D

Hmmm unless that link is showing the baad mkII. confussin blimy

Yes, it can. But, you need two adapters:
  1. If you remove the rubber eye shield, you'll see a thread. The first adapter screws into there and presents a T-Thread
  2. A T-thread to 1.25 EP adapter that you can push the webcam into.

They are both made by Baader. I have both, but I can't find the part numbers.

It works for eyepiece projection through a Hyperion and I used it several times last year on Saturn with reasonable success. Hyperions suffer a little from chromatic aberation (false colours around bright features) and this was noticeable on the images. Registax's RGB align feature corrected this to some degree.

Good luck,

Tom.

Hi mate,

Sorry to spam! but i just want to get the right parts.

I now relise surley i dont need all thats in the link.

So i need this T-Adaptor (M43-T First Light Optics - Baader Hyperion Zoom eyepiece T-Adaptor (M43-T)

and a just a A T-thread to 1.25 EP adapter? if so, i cant find one anywhere.

Cheers.

I have a photo of the Hyperion zoom with my Canon 1100D attached - attached pic is a small section of it. I'll collect up the bits and take photos of that and my SPC900NC modded webcam and post those as soon as I can. I bought a 40mm T2 extension tube to bring the camera further out which went between the Baader adapter and Canon adapter ring and I'll also sort out and post details of that. You'll want to place the image sensor on the webcam at about the same distance as that of a DSLR.

When I get time I want to try my SPC900NC with the Hyperion on my ED80 scope and then I can say exactly what is required.

post-25795-1338777219_thumb.jpg

Another couple of pics showing the 1100D on Hyperion zoom. Found a better photo than the one I used before. I've brought the Hyperion bits etc. indoors and will take some photos shortly. The 2" adapter was used on the zoom to match the 2" focuser and extension tube on the camera. I think I used the 1.25" adapter as an extension tube before the camera but I have so many adapters of various types that I'm not sure. I shall have to label them all.

post-25795-133877721926_thumb.jpg

post-25795-13387772193_thumb.jpg

The zoom lens comes with both 1.25" and 2" nosepieces. If you have a 2" scope, the 2" nosepiece gives more stability. Whichever you use the EP is still a 1.25" lens. For 2" you just unscrew the 1.25" and screw in the 2".

BTW, I forgot to mention that the eyecup and therefore camera rotates as you change zoom. I found this a bit disconcerting at first.

you tried the spc with the zoom yet gina?

I have! tried the moon. it with attached to a 13mm. hmm lol forgot that the cam acts like 6 - 8mm etc.. i was thinking it would just use the ep as a 13mm. :icon_salut: didn't look that fab on the live recording. maybe i was doing something wrong.

Gina,

Have you taken any pics with your cannon 1100D usng your ep yet?

can you use it for live cam viewing. and record with it?

I want to get another cam or somethng! so i can use my ep for recording the moon etc.

I suspect when you use a Hyperion 24mm lens then attached a camera the magnification of the lens will also magnify any tracking errors , i have tried a few stars Amaak for one, the Star (20 images ) came out ok and the little blue companion, but DSS wouldn't stack them as they were the only half a dozen stars on the images, the outer one showing signs of coma, so that another £100 for the coma corrector, will it ever end..:icon_salut:

Archived