Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics FLT 123 experiences please...

I think you mean the 132?

In the Sky at Night review I think there were issues in imaging with flares appearing from some bright stars and around the time of the review there were forum discussions suggesting that they might have been caused by the lens cell clips protruding into the light path. I haven't seen the scope and this may be incorrect or may have been sorted but I'd want to know more.

There are some very good apos out there. Have you checked UK astro buy sell? There was a TEC140 on there for less than 4K and that is a premium refractor as in premium. I bought a used one after having a couple visit on a regular basis and this is what convinced me to take the plunge.

Olly

The FLT123 is 738mm @ F/6, or 590mm @ F/4.8 with the FF4, making it a quite a fast scope. THE TSA is 900mm @ F/7.5 (657mm @ F/5.5 with FF?) so again quite fast. The TSA is a longer focal length, but operating at F/7.5 would require x1.6 exposure time. Using it with a FF (if you can) would reduce the F/N but the FLT with the FF is working at an attractive F/4.8.

Hi, Yes I have and impressive it is too...especially the contrast on objects like the Great Nebula in Orion which I find amazing for such a small scope. Even the WO DDG focuser on this one is a joy to use....! :)

I owned the earlier model before the d d g focusser and it was god awful even with moderate weight it slipped and slided all over the dew shield would not stay in position , but the optics were 1st rate I would consider another only with the feather touch upgrade.Sorry you might have to disregard my comment's my experience was with the William optics flt 132 not the flt123 should read more carefully.

Yes, I believe that the earlier FLT 132s were a very mixed bunch. Some even had pinched optics. I purchased one last year for use on the Sussex coast which is as near to a dark sky site that I can get to regularly. The new, redesigned FLT 132s are very, very good scopes. However, I am now looking for a replacement for my FLT 110 for use in London where I reckon the FLt 123 should come into its own. Better optics and just a tad more aperture to help punch through the light polution! Anyone want an FLT 110? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived