Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first solar sun image taken Jan 19th 2012

Stargazing_Cliff

Hi here is my first solar sun image.

I rekon bit of tweeking be pretty cool solar scope :)

used me 50mm telescope with attached dc slim 330 no lens created lens from some old camcorder eyepiece attached to telescope and made home made filter from some dvd disc.

i know be better if i get proper beader film which will do sometime in summer before venus transit.

stargazing_cliff-albums-stars-picture15272-our-solar-sun-used-50mm-telescope-attached-praktica-dc-slim-330-camera-no-lens-added-modified-eyepiece-some-camcorder-attached-telescope-made-home-made-solar-filter.jpg

Cliff,

Don't do it!

Wait until you have a proper, safe solar filter. It's not worth the possible damage and pain.

how i took that image i was indoors i didnt look at sun

image just appeared on me computer desktop pc screen.

telescope was indoor's facing out window.

all did was move telescope about and the sun image appeared on screen. with clouds as started to rain about ten mins after took that image.

i'm gunna buy the proper beader film solar filter from ebay sometime. possibly before the summer comes.

was just test that daft home made filter thing made.

i'd never look at sun through telescope or binoculars.

Interesting result!

DVD/CD s do not block the IR, this heat could damage your camera, I'd wait till you next get the Baader film.

Alexandra

I know i am doing gunna wait till get proper film stuff keeping me telecopes away from sunlight till get the beader film then shud be fine to try image sun.

Archived