Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Frustration on a astronomical scale

AustinStargazer

Earlier was the perfect time to observe but I couldn't because someones annoying giant 500W spotlight angled so it goes to our garden so you can't see. Clouds were clear and there was over 200 stars in view of just one spot in the sky. So i planned to gaze at about 10 or so tonight but now the clouds are here and it's raining! This was going to be first session in over 5 years :) I'm Hoping the rain will stop and The clouds pass for later...

If the spotlight continues to be a problem, have a chat to the owner. People can usually be reasoned with.

Don't know who you can talk to re: the clouds though but that's a common issue for us UK based astronomers. Having a scope that can be quickly setup and put away helps - at least you can grab some observing time then.

If the spotlight becomes problematic then I will, the thing is installed just under the top floor window, so its useless for them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Craig. I'm observing with a pair of binos, but I did go out with my gosky app on my iPad and played spot the constellations and spot the planets for a bit to try and improve my navigation a little bit.

Archived