Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Catch a Monkey...

Tim

For some unknown reason I have never imaged the Monkey Head nebula, but Nadeem reminded me about it earlier in the week.

I didn't know there was reflection nebulosity associated with it either. I will definitely be returning to this one with narrowband filters, and maybe if there is a crisp moonless night then i'll have a go with longer exposures in RGB too.

This 'preview' then is 17 x 10 minutes via Skywatcher Quattro 10" newtonian, and QHY8 camera.

Full size Jpeg available here.

More SW Quattro pics here.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

post-14037-133877719972_thumb.jpg

I didn't know there was reflection nebulosity associated with it either.

It's a fascinating object, Tim and and you've got some great data there and a lovely image. There are several areas of reflection nebulosity in this object but they tend to be forgotten alongside all that emission nebulosity. Nicely caught, Tim.

Wow, it doesn't take long for an image to slide off into the distance these days! With so many imagers on board it is hardly surprising I guess. Nonetheless, the fact that we have so many images being posted is relevant to the discussion in the POW section (POW not any more? thread), so please do join in if you have a comment to make there.

Cheers

Tim

Archived