NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at the Horsehead

astromerlin

Hi, Having a few clear nights I was able to use my new Canon 1000d and after getting the mount to guide reasonably I managed to capture the Horsehead.

Still havn't got my coma corrector to fit the focuser yet so this is just with the camera connected direct to the focuser.

20 x 240sec lights 10 darks, processed in DeepskyStacker and a fair bit of tinkering in Photoshop.

Guided with SPC900/Finder.

Comments welcome.

post-15833-133877719934_thumb.jpg

Hi

Lovely result John and better than mine I posted a couple of days ago. Although mine was 50mins.

Great image!

Cheers

Jamie

Just the luck of a clear night i guess, I did do a few images over the couple of days that had stars showing and this nights set ( the 16th) was the only ones that had any detail.

Super effort, and a lot better than my first unmodded attempt! i really hope u don't mind me making a couple of suggestions tho:

a slightly different composition would of included the flame nebula,,,just over to the left, and believe me, for me, a modded camera was a near life changing experience. like u, i wanted a camera for ordinary fotos, so i was lucky when a reasonably priced modded one was up for sale. Your effort however is in my eyes, a very good one...i would be well chuffed!

cheers

bob

Archived