NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

North Oxfordshire - Let's Do Some Stargazing

Hi,

I'd very much like to meet a regular group of stargazers in N.Oxfordshire that like to go out at least once a month. As serious or as casual as you desire.

Anyone interested?

In the long run I'd like to see the creation of a N. Oxfordshire astronomy club.

Let's capitalise on the free publicity (ie astronomy) from the BBC and make it happen :D

Lol - us West Oxon lot appear to have hijacked your thread!

Evidently....:)

Admitedlly I wasn't really planning on driving over to Witney or Eynsham everytime we wanted to go out, I'm sure we could come to some arrangment though!

We'll see if we pick up some more people over the weekend and then try to arrange something next when the weather permits?

No problems with asking questions! None of us were born with the 'know how', everyone's got different levels of experiencel.

Well it looks like the Witney residents (hi guys) are doing quite well building up some interest too. Maybe a good idea to meet in the middle and keep towards our end of the shire (Ie Noth of Oxford)? Maybe visit different locations on rotation?

A few viewing places spring to mind near moi (I'm thinking dark skies)

Brill hill

Somerton Village

Near Enslow/Kirklington

In the triangle between Deddington/Kirklington/Ditchley - looks promising.

Come to think of the C.Norton guys aren't that far away. Have any of you visited that club?

Archived