NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hyperion Zoom mark II or III?

catman161

Hi guys,

I had a go on the Mark II Hyperion Zoom at the weekend through my 200p Dob and loved it.

Am lookin to get one used/second hand if anyone knows of anyone selling one send me a pm.

Any thoughts on the comparison between the mark II and mark III? Which is better?

Thanks

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that not one person has an opinion on the pros/cons or differences between the mark II and mark III.

No matter will check it out somewhere else.

Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian

I used to have a Mk II which was a nice eyepiece and seemed to match the optical performance that is described by Mk III owners on here. Perhaps the only difference is the 2" barrel option with the Mk III ?

I've got a mark III which I've used for solar imaging with a Canon camera. It works pretty well. I've used it for visual too and the optics were pretty sharp, although the eyepiece is pretty heavy when combined with a diagonal. The click-stops feel good. Never seen a mark II for comparison.

This is a pretty good question actually. I seem to remember reading that optically they weren't too different, it was more changes to camera attachments, focuser adapters etc... but i might have dreamt that :S (edit: John just said the same above so that may well be true)

I'd be interested in seeing some numbers side by side, not that i've seen any mkII's for sale anywhere...

Thanks guys. I just was wondering if there were any major differences or anyone had experienced any shortfalls on the optics side of things between the two models. I will definitely get one.

The only shortfall that i've heard people mention with the zooms is at the longer focal lengths, the FOV can get a little narrow, not so much that it ruins things, but certainly noticeable at 24mm. So maybe consider the zoom for all your high and mid power stuff (and everything in between), and maybe a panaview or something for widefield stuff.

The only shortfall that i've heard people mention with the zooms is at the longer focal lengths, the FOV can get a little narrow, not so much that it ruins things, but certainly noticeable at 24mm. So maybe consider the zoom for all your high and mid power stuff (and everything in between), and maybe a panaview or something for widefield stuff.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind and save for a wider FOV eyepiece to fill the gaps :)

Archived