Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monkey Magic

Deneb

... Maybe not all that Magic.. As im still struggling with collimation with a F4 Newt, & also odd stars in the corners, it don't look like coma to me, something is odd...

But boy... the scope is Fast....

Just 2 hours worth of 5min subs @ ISO 800 with 10x flats. Taken with a self modded 1100D & SW Quattro 8S with SW CC.

Monkey21024.jpg

Nadeem.

Very nice Nadeen, subtle colours.. glad to see your posting and not testing :), this is a good target to get some Ha mixed in with the red channel, but as it is its a nice image... delicate :D

Try rotating the camera 180 degrees and see if the coma flips orientation, this will eliminate the possibility its the OTA.

If it isnt put the camera back into the same position and rotate the mount in the focus tube... work backwards and eliminate everything.

Thanks Nadeem, just realised I have never taken piccies of this one.

You'll soon have that Quattro performing properly, just need to be nice to her :)

FWIW, I removed my mirror cell the other night, put it back, and the collimation was still excellent. The scope has the potential to be very useful, and I think once you have it finely tuned, it will only need tiny tweaks to keep it that way.

Do you have a mask for the BACK of the scope btw? You need to stop any light (even reflected moonlight) entering the rear of the tube.

Cheers

Tim

Archived