NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Murphy, thy law be evil!

digitaltre515

Today was the day. FedEx showed my telescope was on the truck and out for delivery. I had the anticipation jitters and couldn't sleep past 6:00 AM, and spent the whole day waiting, watching the very heavy rain roll across my yard. Suddenly, the rain stopped, the clouds broke, and FedEx arrived (at 6:45 PM!). But I knew something was wrong instantly, because the box was just too small to contain it all. :icon_scratch:

Sure enough, all I got was the OTA; the mount was completely missing. To top it off, I called the etailer and learned that they did not have information regarding the whereabouts of the AWOL mount! :D Adding insult to injury, mother nature gave me a break in the clouds and rain and I was seriously hoping to setup everything and do some quick observations. But alas, I'm fairly certain now that Murphy's Law is in full effect, and acts doubly so for astronomical equipment.

Here's hoping that the mount shows up before the weekend. I'm supposed to have really nice weather and it would be a shame to miss out on some good stargazing!

Fate my friend.. For your loss of time the stars shall shine brighter for when you are ready to view them. Appreciate what power you hold to look deep into heaven itself. Travel through the oceans of stars and navigating towards unseen lands. I hope you sleep well as come the weekend, you will have a lifetime to be amazed every single clear night of your life.

Good night little fella :-)

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.552053,-1.819778

Finally got a straight answer from the etailer, and turns out they never shipped the mount, just the OTA. So, had to get a new order for the mount. They charged me the cost of the mount, and then will credit me the cost of the mount (understandable but a pain!), but for my troubles gave me free overnight shipping. :D Looks like I'll have it by Friday, so weekend observing is still on! :icon_scratch::hello2:

I'm fairly certain now that Murphy's Law is in full effect' date=' and acts doubly so for astronomical equipment.

QUOTE']

-----------------

Hmmm... no, not Murphy I am sure... This seem to be a very obvious case of "New Telescope Buyers Law" which simply states:

"Murphy was an optimist". :icon_scratch:

Good luck anyhow!

Can we all stop blaming the Irish for bad luck. I am Irish and i have never met that Murphy bloke (Murphy is the most common sir-name in Ireland)

Although the bloke Murphy aint so bad. I got my scope,tripod,mount power pack about 5 weeks ago and then his cousin sods law kicked in and i got another power pack delivered 3 days later.

Archived