Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Broken Tripod Tray Leg Help

I have a Skymax 127 with az goto mount and my sister has broken one of the "legs" of the tray which connects to one of the legs of the tripod itself and this makes the scope unuseable. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement leg piece (leg of the tray and not the tripod leg).

ta

Star-Gazer,

I'm afraid I don't have links to offer re replacement parts, but a couple of suggestions on repairing / replacing the damage.

You could try something like Araldite I guess to fix the broken strut, but it might not be strong enough on its own. Maybe make a replacement strut using wood, depending on what tools you've got to hand.

If you're worried about the leg slipping outwards you could get hold of some cord or light chain and secure it just below where the spreaders are attached on all 3 legs. If you measure it to the same length between each leg then this would ensure you had the legs evenly spaced and stop them slipping outwards.

It depends how much you'd be happy modifying the tripod

Tyr

Well to my absolute delight both companies have emailed me to offer me the replacement part for £10 (Opticstar) and £7.50 (Optical Vision Ltd) including P&P. So fingers crossed I will be back in business in a few days and if anyone else needs replacement parts then these are the companies to deal with.

Thnaks to all who helped as well.

Well to my absolute delight both companies have emailed me to offer me the replacement part for £10 (Opticstar) and £7.50 (Optical Vision Ltd) including P&P. So fingers crossed I will be back in business in a few days and if anyone else needs replacement parts then these are the companies to deal with.

Now that is good service, as your email to them was only about an hour before!

Archived