Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Accidentally nice picture of Jupiter with iPhone!

AlexxxAA

I know its not the common thing to do. And i know that it cannot compare in any way near to the great pictures everyone posts here. But last night i took out my little Zenithstar 80 to check out the moon, some star cluster, and Jupiter. I was amazed at the amount of sharpness i was getting from my little refractor compared even to my 8"!

I was so happy infact, that i decided to try to get a quick snapshot of Jupiter through the eyepiece with my phone. The regular picture came out bright with the moons on the sides... But the iPhone also has the option for HDR images. It takes 3 quick snapshot right next to each other. And since my hand was not perfectly still, one of the those quick shots came up like this! One shot was overexposed, and the nice one was underexposed.

I just thought it was a nice coincedence and i wanted to share it with you guys. Taken through the Zenithstar 80 at 218X.

Given my amazement with the quality of this little refractor, im thinking of buying a planetary camera. Any suggestions?

post-24989-133877714171_thumb.jpg

Wow, it is splendid shot with your iphone ! I didn't know that we can have very good result with a simple phone.

But, I would like to know which eyepiece you put and any Barlow with that ?

Next time, I will try to shot Jupiter with the iphone of my wife.

Franck

Archived