Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

T-Adapter and T-Ring?

I got a T-Ring that connects to my Sony A300 DSLR. It fits into my 2 inch eyepiece adapter, so does that mean I should also buy a 2 inch T-Adapter? Then connect it to the 2 inch eyepiece adapter and telescope? I'm really confused about this. And does a Barlow lens help?

Thanks

To fit the camera body to to telescope you need the T2 camera adaptor. This is the one that fits the bayonet on the body and has a T thread insert.

A 2" to T thread adaptor has a 2" male which fits into the focuser and a male T thread which screws into the T2 camera adaptor.

If you have enough backfocus (distance from the focuser body to the focus of the telescope) you should be able to focus your camera.

I wouldn't worry about using a barlow at this stage.. just get the camera to fit and focus first.

All you need is the T-ring for the camera and the telescope Adaptor (which has a T-thread) as Merlin says. You can get adaptors for either 2" or 1.25" telescope focusers so make sure you pick the right size. But they all fit the T-ring.

Sorry to bump this, but would this work with my setup?

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-93625-Universal-1-25-inch-T-Adapter/dp/B0000665V6

No it won't work, you should just connect the camera with the T-Mount connected to the scope focuser with one of these screwed into the camera and pushed into the focuser.....

First Light Optics - FLO 2-inch T mount camera adapter

There are single piece adaptors that do the connection in one unit.....

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/max-dslr-camera-adaptor.html

Archived